by: Danel Vicieux
As you and I both know, a bad hair day is right around the corner….lurking, waiting, watching. But fret not, a long-lived fashion statement is making a comeback and is more fashionable than ever and shouldn’t be kept away until a bad hair day! Turbans have lived through decades of fashion trends. Through highs and lows, this headpiece has remained a stylish addition to any outfit. “Motha June” (@JuneAmbrose) has shown us some of the best turban looks. Now it’s time for you to SERVE! This quick and refreshing style trend has various looks within itself, so there’s no “right “way. Feel it, and live it!
“Tie it how you feel, and get it how you live!!”
Tips and Tricks
· Get It Right. There are tons of tutorials, videos, and guides to tying a turban! Don’t let it discourage you if you can’t get it the first time. Try and try again. You’ll eventually get it and love the look!
· Try A New Look. Don’t follow what your friends are doing. Be daring! If a full head turban doesn’t suit you, switch it up for the headband alternative the “Turband”. There are too many variations to NOT find your own style.
· Make It Pop. Prints are your friend! Whether monotone or multicolored your turban has to be a focal point. Let it stand out in the crowd. Be a complete statement!
· Splurge. Your pockets won’t be mad at you long. A good purchase is a lasting purchase.
· Be Timeless. This look isn’t confined to a season. Switch up your fabrics from silk to cotton as you transition into Fall from Spring and Summer. You’ll never go wrong with this effortless look.
I, personally, love a voluminous turban for a night out, and during the day a more demur, subtle bun. Which leads me to the guys; gentlemen aren’t left out on this fashion movement. In fact, with fashion trending to a more androgynous appeal, with that I encourage guys to take the risk!
I’m sure you’re questioning “How do I even start!?” I’ve included multiple links to some of the BEST Turbanistas on the web. This trend is far from the decline. Grow into your own and OWN it! As always, Explore, Enjoy, and Experiment Style Mavens!!
(Instagram: @mattieologie; Tumblr: mattieologie.tumblr.com)
Email Danny at email@example.com